Sorry I am late for my morning blog session but there is currently a winter storm that has caused all schools, even ETSU to close in Johnson City, and this certainly brings about chaos as it NEVER happens. I can count on one hand how many times snow got me out of school during K-12, even though I shouldn't be able to.
And the only time I remember ETSU closing was during the Blizzard of 1997- and people literally did not have power for weeks. My Dad had to come pick me & my friends up for rescue so we could take a shower, since they had power and we did not. Regardless, something woke me up this morning and I went downstairs to go get some water and looked outside randomly to discover that it was really blizzard-like snow coming down. Since this was the first, and probably the last time I can remember snow like this, I woke the dogs from their snoring slumber so they could play in it for a few minutes. There really hasn't been any snow since I got Nelson when I was living in Hickory, NC and I am not sure he had ever seen it snowing before. He was literally attacking each snowflake as if they were individually provoking him to play. It was hilarious. I would have gotten it on camera, but my cell phone was upstairs. I wondered what it would look like this morning and it wasn't quite the "stop everything snowstorm" I had hoped for. It did however, bring about 1 mph traffic, people braking every 0.02 seconds and really bad traffic only near the grocery stores, as people here react to snow as if this is "the big one" every time they even call for it... much less when it actually happens! Last night my mother made me promise I would go to the grocery store to "stock up" since surely I would be snowed in for days. I obliged but only because I was out of dog food and knew she wouldn't let up until she literally heard the grocery store in the background while speaking to me. She is one of the people I mentioned above... GOD love her.
I would like to add that while looking this storm up for a link, I found this. Only in the Tri-Cities can you have a car pile-up in a bar parking lot.
American Idol was officially the most "Too Much Information" show I have ever seen them do last night. For the first few minutes I wondered if somehow the dogs switched the channel to A & E Intervention. First up blondie provided WAY more than I needed to know about her Meth use, and to make matters worse her name was Jessica. Then there was "I'm Saving My First Kiss Until My Wedding Day" guy whose Dad wore the key locket that matched his "Heart Without a Key" locket, to be given to his wife on their wedding day? All I could think was that this poor kid just ensured the fact that he will now never be kissed, as that falls into creepshow Dad-World, where Joe Simpson lives. Things had settled down and I made a Lean Cuisine Spaghetti- even though I was over my points due to Orange Juice. I was approximately 3 bites in when "Peel Your Nails and Put Them In a Baggie to Save for Later" guy took the stage, and I almost threw up. It still makes me kind of nauseous thinking about it today. Needless to say, I threw out my food and didn't actually go over my points after all. At least that was good.
In Are you serious news, I finally watched the Tom Cruise Scientology Videos last night, and if this isn't a cult I don't know what is! The L. Ron Hubbard salute at the end put me over the edge on that one! Seriously, TMZ has them but I don't know how long since The Church of Scientology has sent a cease & desist order. I do so hope that if I have a fender bender anytime in the near future that a Scientologist comes along, since they are the only ones who can truly help me out in this situation.
In are you EVEN serious news, I was going to lay off Britney for awhile, but I now I can't. I even stopped myself yesterday when I wanted to say that her boyfriend looks like a 40 year old member of Menudo, and I didn't even comment on the fact that the man wore light blue denim and dark blue denim TOGETHER for one of their outings, or how her hair weave is making her look homeless! Then I saw this story last night and all bets were off. I no longer think that she is as crazy as I did before, I think she's playing this for all it's worth. Do I think Britney was shopping for pregnancy tests because she might be pregnant?? NO. I find it ironic that the only Photog who was even there works for her boyfriends Paparazzi Agency and had been tipped off that they were going to be there. Also ironic, was that Britney would look at these tests like she had never seen one before RIGHT in front of the window so that this moment could be captured on film. I don't buy one second of this little act, and find it pathetic. I think the wedding dress + this ridiculous outing are all truly pathetic attempts to somehow get back at K-Fed. I wonder how much of all the rest of this Britney's Gone Mad business is actually real now. Don't get me wrong, I still think she's absolutely Coo Coo, but I think she's also playing it up for the Paps and even profiting from some of their pictures.
When I read this story it made me physically ill, as if you actually have enough money to go into Betsey Johnson, you do not behave like THIS!!! GROSS :(
Also, I read last night that Eddie Murphy & his wife of 2 weeks, Tracey Edmonds are splitting up. I would follow this up with a remark if I cared at all.
In relatively normal news, I saw that Jenna Bush is getting married in May. I saw her on Ellen and some other shows when she was promoting her book and thought she was precious! How is it I can dislike her father so much but find her so likable??
I got nothing else for y'all this morning. If I suddenly become funny today or something funny happens I will be back so I can make up for this lame post. I would love to say that it's because there is some sort of snow plow outside in the parking lot that sounds like nails going down a chalkboard, or that perhaps the fact that I have a hole in my sock may be to blame, but I think I am just having an Un-Fabulous morning...
HAPPY WEDNESDAY LOVIES!!
xoxo, baxter

No comments:
Post a Comment