I just wanted to say that I am Sorry if my political beliefs on my blog offend anyone of my friends here. It's not very often that you feel so passionate about something that it causes you to risk offending the people you call your closest friends. This is just how I feel. I have never felt so passionately about anything in my life than I do about this election and My Presidential Candidate Barack Obama. As I stated before, I am hoping to go to South Carolina this week to assist with his campaign.
At any rate, these Obama videos and my political rants and such should only be up until November, so hopefully that helps if I have offended anyone. If they have to come down earlier, because she who shall remain nameless, beats Obama, than I will have them replaced with a McCain video or two (Heather, you hear that??!! haha).
I do hope my political ramblings have not upset y'all, as most of you reading this have been my closest friends for well over a decade, but the time for me to be silent about my view of politics ended when I turned 16 and was a Republican. And as most of you know the time for me to be silent about ANYTHING ended when I learned to talk!! For the record Ronald Reagan is my favorite President, at least until November when Obama brings it home. The state our country is in defies logic to me, and I cannot help but to post, write, and discuss why I think there needs to be a significant change in the White House. I believe that change is Barack Obama, but that does not mean that I don't respect everyone's right to their own opinions.
So, I AM sorry if I have offended ANY of you by being so blatant about my politics, but I feel like the time to be silent is OVER. I am NOT sorry that I feel such passion about this election and the political process, and I hope we can all agree on that.
YOU KNOW I LOVE Y'ALL'S CRAZY ASSES!! AND YOU KNOW I'M AWARE MY ASS IS EVEN CRAZIER!!!
xoxo,
Alyson
At any rate, these Obama videos and my political rants and such should only be up until November, so hopefully that helps if I have offended anyone. If they have to come down earlier, because she who shall remain nameless, beats Obama, than I will have them replaced with a McCain video or two (Heather, you hear that??!! haha).
I do hope my political ramblings have not upset y'all, as most of you reading this have been my closest friends for well over a decade, but the time for me to be silent about my view of politics ended when I turned 16 and was a Republican. And as most of you know the time for me to be silent about ANYTHING ended when I learned to talk!! For the record Ronald Reagan is my favorite President, at least until November when Obama brings it home. The state our country is in defies logic to me, and I cannot help but to post, write, and discuss why I think there needs to be a significant change in the White House. I believe that change is Barack Obama, but that does not mean that I don't respect everyone's right to their own opinions.
So, I AM sorry if I have offended ANY of you by being so blatant about my politics, but I feel like the time to be silent is OVER. I am NOT sorry that I feel such passion about this election and the political process, and I hope we can all agree on that.
YOU KNOW I LOVE Y'ALL'S CRAZY ASSES!! AND YOU KNOW I'M AWARE MY ASS IS EVEN CRAZIER!!!
xoxo,
Alyson

3 comments:
Ha ha ha... Yes, I hear ya Alyson! Don't EVER apologize for your beliefs! I sure hope nobody find offense with you expressing your beliefs on YOUR blog?? You know what a big Republican I am but I completely agree with you... it's time for a change! Bush is a puppet and so far I am not impressed with ANYONE running for the nomination. I would love to see a conservative Obama for the republicans. It's refreshing to see him out there, even if I don't share the same views as he does. Enjoy the campaign trail!!!
Yes, don't apologize at all...you have every right to state your opinions and share whatever you like on your own blog. :)
If you even get one person excited to learn more about the candidates (or even just Obama) then I think you are doing good!! Educating ourselves is the key to voting well come November.
Love ya~
Girl! DO NOT APOLOGIZE! And I for one love your political rants (although I winced when I read the comment about McCain-do not leave the democratic party Allison-we need you!!). Keep it up and remember, the time for change is now (and we can have a nice chat about Hillary if she wins-I won't let you back over to the dark side!!).
Post a Comment