Wednesday, January 9, 2008

TO WEIGH OR NOT TO WEIGH...

...THAT IS THE QUESTION!!! Okay, so as sure as I had just eaten my 2 servings of oatmeal for lunch (yum... doesn't THAT make your stomach growl!) the UPS man showed up on my doorstep to deliver... MY NEW WEIGHT WATCHERS SCALE!!

So now I sit, staring at the big brown box wondering if I should open it or not. First of all, as any girl knows, once opened and staring at you, you will inevitably take that step onto it. But also, as all girls know, ONE DOES NOT weigh themselves after they have eaten or drank anything during the day!!

I have been out of a scale for about a year and just didn't think it was necessary until I went to the doctor last week for my strep/flu/severe left inner ear infection/absurd cough diagnosis, and they freaking weighed me. I am not quite sure what in the world made me think that they wouldn't, but whatever. So they did, and afterwards I wanted a recount!! I was like, "can I take off my jewelry, sweater and shoes and do that again?" as the rent-a-nurse looked back at me like I was retarded. Obviously, the answer was a big FAT no (no pun intended... kinda).

So, I spent the rest of the day absolutely panicked about the 10 pounds I had gained since last year about this time when my scale battery died. The next morning I promptly joined good ole' weight watchers determined to lose this stupid (insert explicative here) weight I had gained, and I set my weigh in date for Fridays, since that would be one week from my start date.

BUT IT'S ONLY WEDNESDAY!!! And I have a scale staring me down through an unopened box just pleading with me to take it out and do it!! If I do and the number isn't what I think it should be, I will be devastated. If I don't than it will be all I think about for the next 50 hours.

Can I wait until Friday morning at 7:00 a.m. or do I cave?? HELP!!! I need backup here people!! I am one of those girls who steps on the scale before work and after work, and sometimes after dinner too. That's all fine and good if I was working this week, but I have been deemed "medically ineligible" to return to work until Monday. That means that this one freaking box will control my life for the next day and a half. I tried to put it in the closet but there are too many shoes and bags (not complaining about that!!) for it to fit. It has to be on a hard surface which leaves only the bathroom and the kitchen... both places I frequent and for different reasons the absolute WORST place for the evil scale in the box to sit until Friday morning.

Any words of wisdom out there?? Anyone... Anyone... Anyone????

Stay tuned, as you can be SURE I will update you as soon as I have come to a decision. Until then, GOD bless the food I do not eat until D-Day!! :-)

xoxo,
baxter and big brown box...

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Girl-do not WEIGH!! Give yourself a couple more days of dieting and you could have .5 pounds gone! I am not weighing till February b/c I am TOO SCARED of what my scale would say!! Stay strong sister!!

Unknown said...

so, did you weigh? i had to laugh at the 'rent a nurse' comment! I am a bad girl as I weigh every morning.. before and after my workout, and then again when I get home from work. so you probably don't want me to give advice. and yes, i am on ww, and i know it should only be once a week, but i can't help it.
regardless.. hang in there!