So the weirdest thing happened tonight. I was watching Friday Night Lights, as usual, and suddenly on the screen there was a guy I went to High School with guest starring as the Christian Counselor Radio Host. He's been in other things, and had a regular role on Gilmore Girls for the last few seasons before it ended. He played Logan for those of you that watched the show. I personally couldn't bring myself to watch it. Anyway, this guy's name is Matt Czuchry, and he graduated from Science Hill High School in 1995. I graduated in 1993, but of course Matt dated a good friend of mine at the time when we were Juniors and he was a Freshman. Now they have the campuses separated into 2 parts, grades 8-10 and then the main campus has 11-12. When I was there, of course it was a super-crowded 9-12 campus.
Anywho... he was a really nice guy then, and I saw him at Starbucks over Christmas but was in my car at the drive-thru when he was walking inside. Wonder if he'd remember me now that he's famous?? Apparently he still stays in touch with a lot of high school friends as I have seen numerous pictures of him as a Groomsman in their weddings. Also, his parents still live here, and he comes home for all the holidays, and even went to his 1o year High School reunion. My best friend Angie's little brother was at the reunion with him, and of course everyone there had been drinking and her brother thought it would be funny if he had Matt call their little sister, who was 15 at the time. Needless to say, she was mortified at this gesture, as suddenly a boy on a TV show she watched who she thought was cute was on the phone with her.
Speaking of my High School, surely everyone here is aware that Steve Spurrier graduated from here, two years before my Dad. They both played football and my Dad said he was an ass then as much as he is an ass now. Dad's pretty good at character judgements, by the way!
Also speaking of celebrity connections to Johnson City, a really good friend of mine from High School who I also went to Elementary School with got married last year and her first cousin Rachel Bilson did a reading at the ceremony. I wasn't there, as we had lost touch over the years, but I found that crazy. My friend Ali told me that nobody knew who she was, which I find even more ironic.
Side Note: When I was found the link to my Elementary School, I could have died because the woman on the main page reading to the kids was my Music Teacher Miss Fredericks... and I was actually sitting in her class when we got dismissed for snow the day the Challenger exploded! Shouldn't she be retired by now???
Al Capone has always been rumored to have had a hideaway in an apartment complex across the street from my Elementary School. I just learned that the story is actually included in the Wikipedia entry on Johnson City... Random.
Who knew I was from such a star-studded community! I can feel the envy coming right through the computer right now!! Ha Ha :-)
The Nevada Caucuses are tomorrow and I am going to try and sleep tonight with my fingers crossed!! Sad, I know!!
Talk Soon!
xoxo,
baxter
Anywho... he was a really nice guy then, and I saw him at Starbucks over Christmas but was in my car at the drive-thru when he was walking inside. Wonder if he'd remember me now that he's famous?? Apparently he still stays in touch with a lot of high school friends as I have seen numerous pictures of him as a Groomsman in their weddings. Also, his parents still live here, and he comes home for all the holidays, and even went to his 1o year High School reunion. My best friend Angie's little brother was at the reunion with him, and of course everyone there had been drinking and her brother thought it would be funny if he had Matt call their little sister, who was 15 at the time. Needless to say, she was mortified at this gesture, as suddenly a boy on a TV show she watched who she thought was cute was on the phone with her.
Speaking of my High School, surely everyone here is aware that Steve Spurrier graduated from here, two years before my Dad. They both played football and my Dad said he was an ass then as much as he is an ass now. Dad's pretty good at character judgements, by the way!
Also speaking of celebrity connections to Johnson City, a really good friend of mine from High School who I also went to Elementary School with got married last year and her first cousin Rachel Bilson did a reading at the ceremony. I wasn't there, as we had lost touch over the years, but I found that crazy. My friend Ali told me that nobody knew who she was, which I find even more ironic.
Side Note: When I was found the link to my Elementary School, I could have died because the woman on the main page reading to the kids was my Music Teacher Miss Fredericks... and I was actually sitting in her class when we got dismissed for snow the day the Challenger exploded! Shouldn't she be retired by now???
Al Capone has always been rumored to have had a hideaway in an apartment complex across the street from my Elementary School. I just learned that the story is actually included in the Wikipedia entry on Johnson City... Random.
Who knew I was from such a star-studded community! I can feel the envy coming right through the computer right now!! Ha Ha :-)
The Nevada Caucuses are tomorrow and I am going to try and sleep tonight with my fingers crossed!! Sad, I know!!
Talk Soon!
xoxo,
baxter

No comments:
Post a Comment