Thursday, January 24, 2008

TYPICAL...

I thought I would enlighten y'all with two random, yet quite typical events of yesterday...

1. I walked around ALL DAY yesterday wearing a
new blue sweater from the Mothership and feeling fine about my wardrobe choices for the day. It was around 6pm and I was putting gas in my car when I caught a glance of myself in the car window. What did I see?? I saw the HUGE tag on the OUTSIDE of my sweater. Obviously it had been there all day long just hanging out wanting all who came in contact with it to know where it was purchased. I guess I must have subconsciously wanted to wear my sweater inside out for the day just to mix things up a little. Yeah. So I was pleased.

2. I came home right after the above experience and began doing the normal, which included looking for the remote control to my TV which, by the way, is completely necessary in the event I want to adjust the volume or heaven forbid, change the channel!! I actually can do neither of these things without the remote as my TV does not have anything but a power button and DVD player on the exterior of its pretty flat frame. I began to get angry about my inability to find said remote towards the end of the hour, and even accused the dogs of somehow hiding it as punishment for being gone all day. As American Idol approached, and with 5 minutes or less to spare, my absolutely irate self reached the boiling point. I was really mad. Obviously significantly worse things were going in the world, but I JUST wanted the damn remote I had spent two hours looking for. Two hours. Two. About this time my cell phone rang and I reached in my purse to get it. What did I find instead?? Yep. You guessed it. The FREAKING remote.

My theory? The remote saw the tag on the outside of my sweater and not to be outdone, jumped into my purse to spend the day with me as well. Why not?

If you were a tag inside of a sweater would you not rise up and revolt on behalf of all your tag-friends tired of always being hidden when all you want to do is show your face?

And if you were a remote control wouldn't you want out of the house every now and then?

Yeah. I think so too.

Please enjoy the Jerry O'Connell spoof of TC (He shouldn't be the only one who gets to use all the acronyms) below.



PS- If TMZ just screwed up my favorite Idol contestant of the week's chances with
this story I'm pulling an Alexis. Seriously.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

seriously, i have tears streaming down my face about the tag/remote issue. OMG. you're hilarious.