OMG.OMG.OMG... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER!! I HAVE NO WORDS TO POSSIBLY DISCUSS THIS ANY FURTHER RIGHT NOW...
Anyway, Happy Sunday Friends!! I awoke early today because I am SO excited about the Golden Globe Press Conference Today!! Don't forget that you have many choices of where to watch this years show, which will be Live from 9-10 pm Eastern time! Matt Lauer is hosting a 2 hour Dateline Special leading up to the main event that starts at 7pm, and Larry King Live will just simply be airing the press conference with ole' Larry Moderating the show, which starts at 9. I think I might go with Larry, because he may opt for some golden suspenders or something that would at least keep things interesting! All-in-All the Golden Globes have always been my favorite awards show because it's like the Emmy's and Oscars combined with alcohol involved so the celebs are loosened up a bit. Plus, it's a prelude to the Oscars, which although they insist will air this year, will inevitably fall prey to the writer strike as well. I just don't know what could happen in the next month that would change anything.
Anyway, Happy Sunday Friends!! I awoke early today because I am SO excited about the Golden Globe Press Conference Today!! Don't forget that you have many choices of where to watch this years show, which will be Live from 9-10 pm Eastern time! Matt Lauer is hosting a 2 hour Dateline Special leading up to the main event that starts at 7pm, and Larry King Live will just simply be airing the press conference with ole' Larry Moderating the show, which starts at 9. I think I might go with Larry, because he may opt for some golden suspenders or something that would at least keep things interesting! All-in-All the Golden Globes have always been my favorite awards show because it's like the Emmy's and Oscars combined with alcohol involved so the celebs are loosened up a bit. Plus, it's a prelude to the Oscars, which although they insist will air this year, will inevitably fall prey to the writer strike as well. I just don't know what could happen in the next month that would change anything.
So to my beloved Golden Globes Awards Show, I dedicate this to your memory and can only pray that we will meet again in the future when the circumstances are right for both of us...
So, I saw on the news this morning that there was a major snafu the other night in the Netherlands when Joran Van Der Sloot, of Natalee Holloway Murderer Fame, got upset at how a reporter was treating him during a filming of a "Late Night Talk Show" where both were guests. I guess Joran threw a glass of wine in the Reporter's face the second the show ended it's Live broadcast, and my question to you is this... what show openly gives their guests wine?? I've just never heard of that before, but sign me up!! Maybe it's one of the perks of living in the Netherlands Governed Area... that of course, and the fact that you can murder people and get away with it!
On a side note: I once went to a Nascar Race in Bristol with my Daddy because I had never been and he has a suite with free alcohol there, which obviously seemed like a great idea at the time. Well, I consumed WAY too much of the free alcohol (shocker, I know!) and ended up meeting a boy when I was downstairs smoking who I thought was cute. So, I snuck this boy back up to the suite which totally made his night since he got to drink for free with fun-drunk Alyson. I told my Dad I would meet him at the car afterwards because I was going to walk whateverhisnamewas back to his friend. My Daddy would normally NEVER agree to this, but he was entertaining his friends and clients and had a few drinks as well. Turns out dude couldn't find his friend and we went back up to the suite and there was nobody there but the female bartender and neither me or Mr. Random could get cell reception because we were at the Bristol Motor Speedway.
So, I had been telling this guy all night that he reminded me of somebody, I just couldn't figure out who. It was SUDDENLY at this moment while trapped with this guy, with no cell reception, and no clue how to get in touch with or find my Dad, it occurred to me that he looked EXACTLY like Joran Van Der Sloot!! Now I had no choice but to leave with this guy and all I could think about was how he was going to kill me!! The only thing I thought might ensure my safety was to have this guy take out his drivers license and make the bartender take down all his info in the event that I turned up missing the next day! He was not pleased at this idea, and I believe it was at this point when I began calling him Joran, since I am not sure I knew his name to begin with!! I eventually left with him reluctantly, and while walking to who knows where he told me he was engaged!! This information of course, had not come up in conversation until AFTER I had drunkenly let him kiss me during the race. I thankfully ran into a guy I went to middle school with a few minutes later and totally ditched Joran. I WAS GOING TO LIVE AND MY OLD FRIEND WORKED FOR COORS LIGHT AND WAS MANNING THEIR BEER RV... DOUBLE JACKPOT!! I must admit however, that I woke up the next morning (innocently, by the way... I know y'all were secretly wondering!!) in the bed of a pick-up truck in the middle of a Trailer Park off of Allison Road (I found that fitting!) in Piney Flats, TN. I guess if I was going to do Nascar I was gonna do it up right by GOD!!! I was just THRILLED to be alive... not so much to be as hungover as I was though.
I also saw that during a John McCain event yesterday where he was heckled while answering a question on immigration and had an awesome comeback remark! I know it appears I only pay attention to the Democrats but I do watch the Republicans too. I will be watching them a lot more closely too I might add, if my man does not win the nomination, inevitably meaning that Hillary does. Yes, I am one of those people. You know the ones who don't vote down party lines for whatever legitimate or non-legitimate reason (I never have voted straight down party lines since becoming a Democrat, which should make my friend Heather happy to hear!). My reason is totally not legitimate too I might add, as I don't disagree with many of her policies, I just don't like her, think her husband is a big baby (a big baby I used to think was a total Rockstar), and am insulted by the hatred they seem to feel for Obama as they think he somehow hasn't "earned" the right to be President. That and the fact that I won't ever knowingly elect corruption and scandal into the White House again, and that seems to follow them around everywhere they go.
So, my favorite Republican running is ole Huck, because he is just so damn likable and funny, and I love the fact that Chuck Norris goes with him everywhere, but he is way too evangelical on my most important issues and would surely overturn Roe v Wade, which is at the top of my political importance scale. I have always loved John McCain though, and while not as fresh an likable as Huck, I would definitely consider voting for him in November. As stated in another post, I freaking LOVE Fred Thompson, but he doesn't have a chance at the nomination. ANY change from our current administration will make me happy!!
My favorite part of the Bush Administration are the never-ending moments like these...
Me and Brad have been wondering if there was a DVD or something out there of Bush-isms, as I could seriously watch moments like this for hours... so if anybody knows of one, PLEASE give me a heads up!! :-)
I also want the war to end of course, for many, many reasons. I had a MAJOR personal reason occur over the summer however when my Best Friend Jennifer's Husband John David was sent to Iraq a few weeks after she gave birth to their first child. John David is also like my big brother- and he's Brad's VERY Best Friend, and I would just like for him to come home already. Here's some photos of them at random, and then some of their precious family...




So Hillary made her very first appearance on "Meet the Press" today at 11am. I, along with Tim Russert, seemed to find it odd that this will be her very first appearance on the show for the full hour, which every candidate running for President has done at least once or twice already in their political careers. Wonder if it's part of the "Hillary has a Heart" Promotional Gig... I am going with a big hell-yes on that one, but that's just my opinion! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Tim Russert, as well as Chris Matthews already?? I really do think they are both outright awesome!
After watching this show I can officially report that Mrs. Clinton really is a total bitch!! Sorry if that offends anyone, but WOW!! I wasn't quite aware of the extent of her bitchy-ness until now. Every question Russert asked her about anything controversial she had ever done, she blamed on someone, ANYONE, other than herself. She claimed to not know a thing about certain pardons her husband had given as President, notably to people who supported his campaigns and her Senatorial one, yet she uses her "experience" as First Lady as the basis of her qualifications to be President. She went after Obama for being against the War but then voting to pass legislation to fund it once it had already started. I have seen Obama respond to this attack, as its not the first time she has said this, and his explanation is that once the War started he was definitely NOT going to vote against this funding, as it was intended to provide for and protect the Troops we ALREADY had over there. I personally was very vocal when it came to being against the War before it started, but afterwards felt that being this vocal about it might make the Troops in Iraq feel that I wasn't supporting them. The only moment I felt that she did well today was when asked about what her toughest moment of adversity in the public arena was, and she responded with the Monica Lewinsky scandal without actually naming it. She did well there, sounding human and normal and everything, which was a total change from the first 53 minutes of the broadcast!! You can watch the whole thing here if you like. I am totally annoyed with her and her ridiculous cackling right now...
One last political note... how did we go from "Super Tuesday" to "Tsunami Tuesday"?? Seriously, there must be some bored news-writers out there who are upset with their television counterparts for having to work while they are striking. "Super" to "Tsunami"?? MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS THE DRAMA OF IT ALL!!! ;-)
So CONGRATULATIONS are in order for Nicole Ritchie and Joel Madden! They had their baby, and she will undoubtedly be back to negative Size 0 in just a few short months!! Does anybody else find it completely strange that Joel Madden went from dating her to dating her?? It seems like they are polar opposites, at least as far as the latter's alcohol drug arrests and seemingly never-ending tabloid incidents. I really hope for the baby's sake that those days are behind her for good.
CONGRATS as well to Christina Aguilera & her husband!! They seem like a cute couple and he appears to have settled her down since they got married. Good for them!
IN BREAKING NEWS: LAUREN CONRAD HAS PARTED WAYS WITH TEEN VOGUE!!! When I heard this news all I could do was GASP!! And because I am a total Reality TV LOSER, and Audrina (as well a Whitney, Lauren, Brody & Frankie... which I CANNOT believe I am admitting to right now) is my myspace friend, I got a bulletin from her announcing this FABULOUS news...
She said that she wasn't sure when the remaining "Paris" episodes would air but that she thought it would be around the end of March/begining of April. She then said that they would IMMEDIATELY be followed by Season 4 of The Hills!!
I AM SO EXCITED THERE'S A SEASON 4 AFTER ALL!!! You know y'all are too, so let us not act like I am the ONLY one!! Hee Hee :)
So that guy who murdered that Pregnant Marine has just been spotted right outside of North Carolina, though the authorities do not want to "tip him off" by telling which State he was spotted in. What about me, authorities?? Watch his sorry-ass be in the Tri-Cities!! We ARE the first real location you reach once you enter TN from NC. I am ALWAYS convinced that the murderers are going to get me while they are on the run! Especially if they are on the run in the South. Like that guy who killed all those people at the court-house in Atlanta, or the guy who killed Versace?? TOTALLY convinced I was going to run into them randomly and they were going to kill me. My Daddy says I watch too much Nancy and Greta. And America's Most Wanted... don't think for one second I don't watch THAT every week!!
Did I mention to y'all that I am thinking of moving back to Knoxville? Well I am!! Either there or Chattanooga. Coming in at a distant 3rd would be Nashville, though I just don't know yet. If I do move, it will almost certainly be permanently, and will occur before the end of 2008. Keep your ears open to jobs that you could see me doing and let me know. I would like to be a Guidance Counselor in High School but I think I have to go back to school to get my Teacher's Certification for that. I really do want to be just like Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights. Sad but true!!
I just heard that many an American Idol winner just lost their recording contracts!! WOW!! A major runner-up did too (who I never liked anyways)!! Please note that I could have called that way back when they won, or came in second, as the person who SHOULD have won their seasons did not. I am of course speaking of him from Season 2, though he is a total diva now, and OF COURSE HIM from Season 5 who is the bomb diggity. Thank goodness for him, Kelly, Carrie and Kellie!! Idol might easily lose its luster if THEY weren't all so totally FABULOUS!!
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE COLTS JUST LOST!! In addition I was completely unaware of the rumors about Tony Dungy leaving until today! I SO love watching the Colts play not just because I love them but also because they air all of Peyton's hilarious commercials during the game. And I am TOTALLY OVER the Tom Brady Show. I realize he's been deemed the "Golden Boy" of the NFL, but ever since he left his beautiful and pregnant girlfriend for a Supermodel, I have NOT been a fan! So, here's to anybody else out there that can beat the Patriots (SorryKembree :) )!!
So, I'm signing off now, but before I do, take a look at this video by Sugarland below! It might be the best video I have ever seen, as it totally makes me bawl my eyes out and I have CERTAINLY never been in the situation the song describes. It's just REALLY, REALLY good!! HAPPY CRYING...
MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!!
xoxo,
baxter
So, I saw on the news this morning that there was a major snafu the other night in the Netherlands when Joran Van Der Sloot, of Natalee Holloway Murderer Fame, got upset at how a reporter was treating him during a filming of a "Late Night Talk Show" where both were guests. I guess Joran threw a glass of wine in the Reporter's face the second the show ended it's Live broadcast, and my question to you is this... what show openly gives their guests wine?? I've just never heard of that before, but sign me up!! Maybe it's one of the perks of living in the Netherlands Governed Area... that of course, and the fact that you can murder people and get away with it!
On a side note: I once went to a Nascar Race in Bristol with my Daddy because I had never been and he has a suite with free alcohol there, which obviously seemed like a great idea at the time. Well, I consumed WAY too much of the free alcohol (shocker, I know!) and ended up meeting a boy when I was downstairs smoking who I thought was cute. So, I snuck this boy back up to the suite which totally made his night since he got to drink for free with fun-drunk Alyson. I told my Dad I would meet him at the car afterwards because I was going to walk whateverhisnamewas back to his friend. My Daddy would normally NEVER agree to this, but he was entertaining his friends and clients and had a few drinks as well. Turns out dude couldn't find his friend and we went back up to the suite and there was nobody there but the female bartender and neither me or Mr. Random could get cell reception because we were at the Bristol Motor Speedway.
So, I had been telling this guy all night that he reminded me of somebody, I just couldn't figure out who. It was SUDDENLY at this moment while trapped with this guy, with no cell reception, and no clue how to get in touch with or find my Dad, it occurred to me that he looked EXACTLY like Joran Van Der Sloot!! Now I had no choice but to leave with this guy and all I could think about was how he was going to kill me!! The only thing I thought might ensure my safety was to have this guy take out his drivers license and make the bartender take down all his info in the event that I turned up missing the next day! He was not pleased at this idea, and I believe it was at this point when I began calling him Joran, since I am not sure I knew his name to begin with!! I eventually left with him reluctantly, and while walking to who knows where he told me he was engaged!! This information of course, had not come up in conversation until AFTER I had drunkenly let him kiss me during the race. I thankfully ran into a guy I went to middle school with a few minutes later and totally ditched Joran. I WAS GOING TO LIVE AND MY OLD FRIEND WORKED FOR COORS LIGHT AND WAS MANNING THEIR BEER RV... DOUBLE JACKPOT!! I must admit however, that I woke up the next morning (innocently, by the way... I know y'all were secretly wondering!!) in the bed of a pick-up truck in the middle of a Trailer Park off of Allison Road (I found that fitting!) in Piney Flats, TN. I guess if I was going to do Nascar I was gonna do it up right by GOD!!! I was just THRILLED to be alive... not so much to be as hungover as I was though.
I also saw that during a John McCain event yesterday where he was heckled while answering a question on immigration and had an awesome comeback remark! I know it appears I only pay attention to the Democrats but I do watch the Republicans too. I will be watching them a lot more closely too I might add, if my man does not win the nomination, inevitably meaning that Hillary does. Yes, I am one of those people. You know the ones who don't vote down party lines for whatever legitimate or non-legitimate reason (I never have voted straight down party lines since becoming a Democrat, which should make my friend Heather happy to hear!). My reason is totally not legitimate too I might add, as I don't disagree with many of her policies, I just don't like her, think her husband is a big baby (a big baby I used to think was a total Rockstar), and am insulted by the hatred they seem to feel for Obama as they think he somehow hasn't "earned" the right to be President. That and the fact that I won't ever knowingly elect corruption and scandal into the White House again, and that seems to follow them around everywhere they go.
So, my favorite Republican running is ole Huck, because he is just so damn likable and funny, and I love the fact that Chuck Norris goes with him everywhere, but he is way too evangelical on my most important issues and would surely overturn Roe v Wade, which is at the top of my political importance scale. I have always loved John McCain though, and while not as fresh an likable as Huck, I would definitely consider voting for him in November. As stated in another post, I freaking LOVE Fred Thompson, but he doesn't have a chance at the nomination. ANY change from our current administration will make me happy!!
My favorite part of the Bush Administration are the never-ending moments like these...
Me and Brad have been wondering if there was a DVD or something out there of Bush-isms, as I could seriously watch moments like this for hours... so if anybody knows of one, PLEASE give me a heads up!! :-)
I also want the war to end of course, for many, many reasons. I had a MAJOR personal reason occur over the summer however when my Best Friend Jennifer's Husband John David was sent to Iraq a few weeks after she gave birth to their first child. John David is also like my big brother- and he's Brad's VERY Best Friend, and I would just like for him to come home already. Here's some photos of them at random, and then some of their precious family...




So Hillary made her very first appearance on "Meet the Press" today at 11am. I, along with Tim Russert, seemed to find it odd that this will be her very first appearance on the show for the full hour, which every candidate running for President has done at least once or twice already in their political careers. Wonder if it's part of the "Hillary has a Heart" Promotional Gig... I am going with a big hell-yes on that one, but that's just my opinion! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Tim Russert, as well as Chris Matthews already?? I really do think they are both outright awesome!
After watching this show I can officially report that Mrs. Clinton really is a total bitch!! Sorry if that offends anyone, but WOW!! I wasn't quite aware of the extent of her bitchy-ness until now. Every question Russert asked her about anything controversial she had ever done, she blamed on someone, ANYONE, other than herself. She claimed to not know a thing about certain pardons her husband had given as President, notably to people who supported his campaigns and her Senatorial one, yet she uses her "experience" as First Lady as the basis of her qualifications to be President. She went after Obama for being against the War but then voting to pass legislation to fund it once it had already started. I have seen Obama respond to this attack, as its not the first time she has said this, and his explanation is that once the War started he was definitely NOT going to vote against this funding, as it was intended to provide for and protect the Troops we ALREADY had over there. I personally was very vocal when it came to being against the War before it started, but afterwards felt that being this vocal about it might make the Troops in Iraq feel that I wasn't supporting them. The only moment I felt that she did well today was when asked about what her toughest moment of adversity in the public arena was, and she responded with the Monica Lewinsky scandal without actually naming it. She did well there, sounding human and normal and everything, which was a total change from the first 53 minutes of the broadcast!! You can watch the whole thing here if you like. I am totally annoyed with her and her ridiculous cackling right now...
One last political note... how did we go from "Super Tuesday" to "Tsunami Tuesday"?? Seriously, there must be some bored news-writers out there who are upset with their television counterparts for having to work while they are striking. "Super" to "Tsunami"?? MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS THE DRAMA OF IT ALL!!! ;-)
So CONGRATULATIONS are in order for Nicole Ritchie and Joel Madden! They had their baby, and she will undoubtedly be back to negative Size 0 in just a few short months!! Does anybody else find it completely strange that Joel Madden went from dating her to dating her?? It seems like they are polar opposites, at least as far as the latter's alcohol drug arrests and seemingly never-ending tabloid incidents. I really hope for the baby's sake that those days are behind her for good.
CONGRATS as well to Christina Aguilera & her husband!! They seem like a cute couple and he appears to have settled her down since they got married. Good for them!
IN BREAKING NEWS: LAUREN CONRAD HAS PARTED WAYS WITH TEEN VOGUE!!! When I heard this news all I could do was GASP!! And because I am a total Reality TV LOSER, and Audrina (as well a Whitney, Lauren, Brody & Frankie... which I CANNOT believe I am admitting to right now) is my myspace friend, I got a bulletin from her announcing this FABULOUS news...
She said that she wasn't sure when the remaining "Paris" episodes would air but that she thought it would be around the end of March/begining of April. She then said that they would IMMEDIATELY be followed by Season 4 of The Hills!!
I AM SO EXCITED THERE'S A SEASON 4 AFTER ALL!!! You know y'all are too, so let us not act like I am the ONLY one!! Hee Hee :)
So that guy who murdered that Pregnant Marine has just been spotted right outside of North Carolina, though the authorities do not want to "tip him off" by telling which State he was spotted in. What about me, authorities?? Watch his sorry-ass be in the Tri-Cities!! We ARE the first real location you reach once you enter TN from NC. I am ALWAYS convinced that the murderers are going to get me while they are on the run! Especially if they are on the run in the South. Like that guy who killed all those people at the court-house in Atlanta, or the guy who killed Versace?? TOTALLY convinced I was going to run into them randomly and they were going to kill me. My Daddy says I watch too much Nancy and Greta. And America's Most Wanted... don't think for one second I don't watch THAT every week!!
Did I mention to y'all that I am thinking of moving back to Knoxville? Well I am!! Either there or Chattanooga. Coming in at a distant 3rd would be Nashville, though I just don't know yet. If I do move, it will almost certainly be permanently, and will occur before the end of 2008. Keep your ears open to jobs that you could see me doing and let me know. I would like to be a Guidance Counselor in High School but I think I have to go back to school to get my Teacher's Certification for that. I really do want to be just like Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights. Sad but true!!
I just heard that many an American Idol winner just lost their recording contracts!! WOW!! A major runner-up did too (who I never liked anyways)!! Please note that I could have called that way back when they won, or came in second, as the person who SHOULD have won their seasons did not. I am of course speaking of him from Season 2, though he is a total diva now, and OF COURSE HIM from Season 5 who is the bomb diggity. Thank goodness for him, Kelly, Carrie and Kellie!! Idol might easily lose its luster if THEY weren't all so totally FABULOUS!!
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE COLTS JUST LOST!! In addition I was completely unaware of the rumors about Tony Dungy leaving until today! I SO love watching the Colts play not just because I love them but also because they air all of Peyton's hilarious commercials during the game. And I am TOTALLY OVER the Tom Brady Show. I realize he's been deemed the "Golden Boy" of the NFL, but ever since he left his beautiful and pregnant girlfriend for a Supermodel, I have NOT been a fan! So, here's to anybody else out there that can beat the Patriots (SorryKembree :) )!!
So, I'm signing off now, but before I do, take a look at this video by Sugarland below! It might be the best video I have ever seen, as it totally makes me bawl my eyes out and I have CERTAINLY never been in the situation the song describes. It's just REALLY, REALLY good!! HAPPY CRYING...
MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!!
xoxo,
baxter

1 comment:
BAX! Your posts are crackin me UP. Yes...move to Knoxville!! Everyone else is here =) Please =)
Post a Comment