Thursday, January 3, 2008

MY FIRST BLOG!!!

This is my VERY FIRST BLOG EVER!!! Simply put, I am Alyson Baxter, who has always been known as just Baxter thanks to my College years!! So I have ZERO idea what I am doing here, but it all seems so fun for my friends so I thought I'd join up!! Never have I been one to be left out!! So, I am sitting here in my Obama 08' Tee-Shirt watching this Iowa Caucus business like it's the freaking Oscars Red Carpet on E!!! I am SO excited!! I have never ever wanted to live anywhere near Iowa until now, and if my man does not win this thing today I will forever refuse to step foot in that state. This is my current passion... Barack Obama. He is MY President whether he actually wins it or not. I would actually quit my job and board my dogs (GASP!) for months at a time if it meant I could go work for him for free.

Okay, so all of my fabulous friends have the best blogs about their kids, pregnancies, husbands, potential kids... I got NADA on all that jazz so I'm just going to blog about the things in my little everyday life that usually involve randomness, singledom and clumsiness. Oh the fun we will have!! Things really do happen to me that do not happen to anyone else and it's about time I write them down for the world to see!! If I had only done this 10 years ago I could have written a book by now about my ridiculous adventures through life! Of course I didn't though, as that probably could have made me money and it appears my karma has blocked any possibility of that ever happening!!

I hope y'all will stick with me and help me figure out how to do this!! My girls are damn PROFESSIONALS at this blog-thing and I don't even know how to calculate a tip correctly, so any help you can give me would be simply fabulous-o!!!

So stay tuned ladies & gents for the fun and crazy times of a
small-town-gal named BAX!!! Could be good, could completely SUCK, but either way I am going for it anyway!! GOD LOVE YOUR HEARTS for reading this so far!! Hopefully MUCH better and more EXCITING things to come!! My goal is to be the less-glamorous, fun & fabulous Carrie Bradshaw. We'll see how that goes!!

XOXOXO,
Baxter :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. No joking. I was half way down this particular entry (as opposed to the others, woops, I mean other) when I thunks to meself, this sounds like sex in the city without the sex. Then I get to the Carrie Bradshaw reference and about Mister Hankied myself. Great work Alycat. Keep it up. Happy new year and remember, as women, our obsessive desire to lose weight is brought on and perpetuated by greedy bad people who prey on our sense of self worth using a media injected standard of beauty that none of us could ever live up to. So as long as you do Weight Watchers for health purposes I will allow it. Now go kick some bottom baby. Love you long time, Shannie