Wednesday, February 6, 2008

HI MY NAME IS ALYSON...

AND I MIGHT BE SLIGHTLY RETARDED.

Okay, so I felt the need to blog about several incidents that occurred tonight within a very short period of time. VERY. RANDOM. THINGS.

First of all, I have completely fallen off the diet wagon. I really think I will get back on it, but there's only so much of "tomorrow is another day" before it just gets ridiculous. I mean today was a new day, and yesterday was too, etc. etc... So that's out there now. I confess.

So I definitely decided to cheat tonight although it was the only time I ate today, and I ordered a cheeseburger from
Outback Steakhouse. Thank GOD for curbside takeaway.

Well on the way to satisfy my cheating self, I hit something with my car and it sounded really loud. In the event you went to high school with me, you might remember the time I ALMOST hit a squirrel on the way to school and was so hysterical by the time I arrived that the Assistant Principal Mr. Dean sent me home with an excused absence. Mind you, I DID NOT actually hit the squirrel.

I don't handle hitting things well. I am constantly thinking that I have just killed someone's beloved animal (that shouldn't be running around loose outside anyways) and that some child is going to be devastated because of me. And I have NEVER actually hit an animal, but it's always in the back of my mind that it could happen.

So I was absolutely for sure that I had just run over someone's pet, and I parked in the closest driveway in sight and ran around trying to find it. It was dark. It was raining. It was super windy. I was crying. Really crying. I couldn't find anything. I heard no whimpering, no rustling, no nothing. SHEER SILENCE. Except for my muffled crying, of course. I turned around baffled thinking I would come back and check again for any signs of life from the animal I could not find that I probably just maimed. As I reached my car I happened to pass by the front of my vehicle and what did I find that I had indeed hit with such fury???

A BRANCH

Yep. That's right. A Branch full of leaves. And it wasn't even a big branch.

I figured this was karma for the whole cheating thing, so I decided during my food pick-up wait time to drop by the grocery store and buy some healthy alternatives to start anew tomorrow. No sooner did I have my
favorite water in the whole world, and my weight watchers yogurt in my basket heading towards the self checkout lane did I stop for one very brief moment to look at magazines on a standing rack near the front of the store. At this exact moment the automatic doors opened and the wind knocked over not just the magazine rack I was standing at, but every single standing rack within 10 feet of me. And of course I was the only one standing there, so it looked like I had gone into a rage and ripped the store apart. While the two cashiers standing nearby knew that it obviously wasn't my fault every other customer in the Grocery Store who came to look at the ruckus taking place surely thought I was responsible, since I literally had packs of sweet tarts clinging to my sweater. It takes a lot, and I mean A LOT for me to get seriously embarrassed, but it's more than fair to say this experience definitely passed that test.

I came home and watched American Idol and it occurred to me with all this political stuff going on I haven't given any significant AI commentary lately. So, I definitely do not remember any of the contestants since my last Idol post, but I do remember last night and tonight. Last night the girl whose name I believe was Asia made me bawl my eyes out. She was the one who had just lost her Dad. And then the last guy who was from Morristown with his big heavy Tennessee accent?? I really hoped he would do well after the whole homeless and living in a car thing, and especially because he is from a town 40 minutes away from here, but WTF was up with that singing in a British accent???? I am still perplexed at this very moment. I am thinking that he may have had a consult with Britney before this performance to ensure he had his accent down pat.

And then tonight I just LOVED that guy whose name I can't pronounce who came back after not making it last year. I also liked the last guy too who came back after last year... the skinny kid who sang "Rollin' on the River"... although I have some really serious concerns that he may become this years' Sanjaya. And GOD knows there could be nothing worse than that.

On the Britney front, I really cannot believe she
got released from the hospital today. She REALLY needed those 14 extra days in that hospital and I don't know who in the world allowed her release, but if it was her Psychiatrist than she is going to have some Professional issues on her hands if something happens. I have worked as a Social Worker with a SIGNIFICANTLY large (easily 200-ish?) amount of people with bipolar disorder and the worst thing about it is that it is totally treatable. Why this is a problem is because while treatable and manageable for the rest of their lives, the biggest issue with people who have bipolar disorder is that the second they stabilize on their meds (which normally takes a minimum of 2 weeks) and are feeling normal again they tend to go off their medicine thinking it's no longer necessary since they feel fine. There is absolutely NO WAY that Britney was stabilized AT ALL during her brief hospital stay and now she is on the loose again with the Paparazzi ALL OVER HER ALL OF THE TIME. I am genuinely concerned that she might die. I certainly hope this is not the case, but she is in really serious trouble. She desperately needs to be in treatment and that treatment needs to be inpatient and long-term. I wish the best for her and her family because they need it.

On a much lighter note, I saw on the news mid-day today that Howard Dean, the Democratic National Committee Chairman said that if the race for the Democratic Nomination goes all the way to the Convention without a winner that
he will sit down in a room with both Candidates and basically make one of them concede defeat, without actually being defeated. Hmmm... Wonder who Howard will choose to give in? The Clintons?? Nahhh... My bet is on Obama. And if that happens you can guarantee a Republican win in November. Talk about making people feel like their votes don't count!! Actually you can probably guarantee a Republican win in November if Hillary genuinely wins the Nomination to begin with.

Mere moments after seeing this news report about Howard Dean’s plans I received
an e-mail from the DNC urging me to donate to them so that the Democrats can beat John McCain in November. Yes, they actually went ahead and named him as the nominee. I, of course, shot back a fiery e-mail response to the DNC saying what I would and would not do and under what circumstances I would do them under. I'm so sure Mr. Dean got my e-mail. I'm even surer that he cares. In the meantime, I will just continue to give my $10 a month to Barack Obama's campaign. At least they repeatedly thank me for my donation and I know that it's because of millions of small donors like me that he is able to raise so much money for his campaign. I did this last night and felt overwhelmed with pride when the news broke today that he had raised $4 million dollars just since the polls closed yesterday. And just as I checked this to provide a link, that total is now up to $6.5 Million Dollars!! W.O.W.

In other news, Hillary announced today that
she had to loan $5 million dollars of her own money and get her Staff to work for free for at least a month in order to compete with Obama's grassroots fundraising capabilities. Guess that's what happens when you get so much of your original donations from Political Action Committees and Lobbyists, who expect something from you in return, instead of getting donations from everyday people.

Either that or she has heavily invested in buying out all of the Shirts and Blazers in every possible shade of yellow in this country...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Is it just me or was that not a very wise decision???

I just don't think she is a "Summer". I would love to get
Tim Gunn's off the record commentary on her wardrobe. Seriously.

Anyway, so I have a job interview tomorrow at a Funeral Home to be a Counselor which I have been informed by a friend who works for the Parent Organization of this business, is actually an outside sales position?? That sounds a bit dicey to me, but wish me luck anyways!!

Have a Good One!!!
baxter

PS- CHECK OUT THIS FABULOUSLY INTELLIGENT AND FUN BLOG FROM A LOCAL TRI-CITIES BLOGGER I RECENTLY DISCOVERED!!

PSS- GOD love Johnson City. I was recently informed by
TriCitiesNights.com that the infamous Chris Crocker, of “Leave Britney Alone” fame came here to celebrate Mardi Gras at New Beginnings Bar, which is a lot like the Carousel in Knoxville. You think I’m joking right?? Check the proof…

Photobucket
Photobucket

Jealous aren’t you. Don’t lie!!

PSSS- Survivor starts tomorrow night!! HOORAY!!! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words and the link to my blog. You rock Alyson.

Unknown said...

D Y I N G at the magazine story. Love it! I finally made an update to CMon Eileen. :)

Austin said...

OMG, I totally know the other guy in the first Chris Crocker pic. Weiird.

Raven said...

You know Jade is friends with Chris Crocker, right? He's a freak!

I have just cried my eyes out reading about your grocery store adventure. I can TOTALLY see that happening to me, and I probably would've sat on the floor crying & laughing hysterically. Ohhh, please tell me which store so I can order the surveliance video!

And PS, my brain is so tired I seriously tried to spell the 2nd to last word above at least 10 times and finally gave up.