Monday, January 7, 2008

DON'T BUY IT NEW HAMPSHIRE!!

... and the Oscar goes to (uncomfortable audience pause) Hillary Rodham Clinton!!

So I have been sitting here in total boredom with msnbc on in the background all day. This was all well and fine, and boring until suddenly and without notice the hardcore politico that is Hillary Rodham Clinton gets asked "How with all this craziness going on, how do you even get up to do your hair in the mornings and get out the door?" - a haha moment for sure, right? WRONG!!

Mrs. Officially Panicked Because I was Supposed to Win and now I am Going to Lose Clinton decided to drop the C bomb. Yep, you guessed it... she cried. Oh yeah... all these months of talking about how she wouldn't focus on the "being a woman" aspect of her Presidential Campaign because she wanted to be treated like the boys (One of which is Hispanic and One of which who is Black by the way... NEITHER of whom have ever expressed this as a major difference in their election strategies) is all about talking about how hard it is to be a woman running for President and now she is actually crying. I find it crazily coincidental that this occurs within 12 hours of when the polls open tomorrow in New Hampshire. Seriously... I don't like to get up and do my hair in the morning either, but I don't get emotional about it in front of the freaking world!! I don't think it was genuine at all, and it seems to have worked as that's all they have been talking about since it happened. I know her staff was trying to "soften" her image but this is absurd.

This situation reminds me of an American Idol moment many years ago when that Hawaiian girl got grilled by Simon and started crying onstage. She had done terribly of course, but she sure as hell didn't go home the next night because of the sympathy vote!! Instead they sent home somebody who was awesome!! Thankfully I am apparently not the only one who feels that this sudden emotional moment was not genuine (because that would make me a cynical bitch, which we all know that I am but I prefer to keep on the down low!), I just truly hope that the New Hampshire voters don't fall for it.

In addition, Hillary's claim that she has 35 years of experience (wtf???) is irking me to no end. I am a little unclear on how being the wife of the Governor, and then being the First Lady qualifies as true "experience" in the actual sense of the word.

I dated Harold while he was the Chairman of the West Virginia Republican Party and we discussed his job frequently. That's why, when I run for political office someday I plan on using those years as experience!

Oh, and I had a boyfriend who played baseball for all 4 years of high school, so I think that should qualify me to be the Commissioner for Major League Baseball. And come to think of it I dated an artist once too, so just call me Van Gogh from now on please!


So, when I finally decide to run to Chair a State's Political Party, become Commissioner of Major League Baseball and Artist of the century... let us all remember that my experience in these areas has truly prepared me for the job at hand.

SERIOUSLY... I am SO over the Clintons, which is sad because I really loved Billy-Bob before he lost his mind. I read something the other day that was a response to how Hillary stated she would be very aware of foreign positions thus enabling her to be prepared for an attack on the United States on day 1. Whoever it was made reference to when Hillary said she had absolutely no idea that her husband was having an affair, which was sorta obvious to the entire country. He said if she couldn't see that red flag in her own home, than how the hell is she supposed to be bright enough to know what's going on in other countries!! EXCELLENT POINT, whoever you are!!

Anywho... done venting for now! Time to go eat my squash ravioli (don't act like you aren't jealous!!). And WOO-HOO I am so excited for my main event for the night... guess who's back??


xoxo,
baxter

No comments: